The Peace Research Department of the FHB Foundation organised a seminar for teacher-supervisors, educators, club leaders and associations from the Regional Directorate of National Education, Technical Education and Vocational Training (DRENETFP) in Yamoussoukro. This seminar had as its theme: “Civicism, citizenship and learning to live together in a peaceful school environment” and took place on April 9 and 10 at the headquarters of our institution.
The validation workshop for the feasibility study on the Pan-African School for Peace took place on June 20-21 , 2016, at our headquarters in Yamoussoukro. Placed under the patronage of the Ivorian State, it was organized by our institution in partnership with UNESCO and the African Union. In addition to the three organizing entities, this workshop was attended by the following institutions and structures:
The project of the Panafrican School of Peace aims to meet three major expectations:
- The involvement of Côte d'Ivoire, through the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation for Peace Research, in the search, preservation, maintenance and promotion of peace in Africa and in the world.
- The creation, within the FHB Foundation, of a high-level training and research center on Peace.
- International cooperation in the culture of peace, bringing together various partners, be they international organizations such as the African Union, UNESCO, universities or research centers.
Communication to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire of 27 January 2016 on the financing of the feasibility study for the Panafrican School of Peace to be set up in Côte d'Ivoire:
The Council authorized the exceptional release of US $ 35,000 as a contribution from our country for the feasibility study of the Pan-African Peace School project. This high-level center, under the auspices of the African Union and UNESCO, will be set up and located within the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation for Peace Research in Yamoussoukro.
Following the decision of the African Union No. Assembly / dec.558 (XXIV) item G: 22 (II) requesting the African Union Commission to study with UNESCO and the Government of Côte d'Ivoire The possibility of establishing a school for peace, the representatives of the above-mentioned institutions and the FHB Foundation held a technical meeting on this project on May 21-22, 2015 in Abidjan.
The purpose of the meeting was to:
- Prepare for the establishment of a school dedicated to the culture of peace;
- Develop an action plan and funding plan;
- Prepare for the launch of project activities.