GRESCI and FHB University are pleased to join forces with the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation and IRSEM to hold a colloquium aimed at analyzing the legacy of the Ivorian crisis, with an emphasis on current and future dynamics, via this return to the past. twenty years after the outbreak of the civil war on September 19, 2002 This colloquium will take place from September 19 to 21, 2022 at the headquarters of the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation for Peace Research in Yamoussoukro, Côte d’Ivoire.
For its Sixth Issue to be published in June 2022, the Haris Review is looking for contributions on the themes of International Relations, Geopolitics or Strategic Studies. Articles should be substantive and original. The standards of presentation of the manuscripts are those of the CAMES (to be consulted on the website of the journal www.revueharis.org). The manuscript must be between 5000 and 8000 words long and must include the full name of the author(s), the name of the institution to which the author(s) belong(s), the email address, a photo of the author(s) in ID format and an abstract in French and English of 300 words maximum with 7 keywords.
E-mails: (to be sent simultaneously): email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for papers: April 1, 2022
Deadline for submission of papers: June 5, 2022
Return to authors after instruction: June 20, 2022
Return of corrected articles: June 27, 2022
Publication: June 30, 2022
Instruction : 25.000 F CFA (39 Euros)
Publication : 40.000 F CFA (61 Euros)
Contact: Dr. SILUE Nahoua Karim Phone: (+225) 07 08 33 00 53 (WhatsApp) for the modalities of payment of the fees and all useful information.
– Training seminar for the staff of the Foundation on the theme: “Training in the culture of peace through exemplarity”.
– March 24 and 25, 2022: Training seminar for members of the Association of Muslim Pupils and Students of Côte d’Ivoire (AEEMCI) of the Aries region, on the theme: “Education in the values of the culture of peace, citizen initiatives and youth leadership in a reconciled and peaceful society”.
– April 7, 2022: Training seminar for the Messengers of Peace of the Coffi Gadeau Modern High School of Tiébissou on the theme: “Mobilization of students around the values of the culture of peace for a peaceful school environment”.
– Training seminar for the municipal councilors of Béttié on the theme: “The culture of peace, democratic citizenship and mutual understanding in a reconciled society”.
– Training seminar for young leaders of associations and political parties in the commune of Béttié on the theme: “Training of young people in civic-mindedness, citizenship and the culture of peace”.
– From April 27 to 29, 2022: Training seminar for photographers who are members of the Humanism Union of the Autonomous District of Yamoussoukro, on the theme: “Training of photographers in reconciliation and the culture of peace”.
– Awareness campaign on non-violence, forgiveness and social cohesion for opinion leaders, presidents of women’s organizations and youth presidents of the department of Toulepleu.
– From April 13 to May 18, 2022: High School Ivoironie Contest (Sponsored by the FHB Foundation)
– Training seminar for the youth of Marahoué (Bouaflé) on the theme: “Youth civic engagement, diversity, mutual understanding and culture of peace in a reconciled society”.
– Awareness campaign on non-violence, forgiveness and social cohesion in the department of Taï
– Training seminar for members of the road transport professional unions and associations (RENABEC), on the theme: “Civic-mindedness, social dialogue, peace values and leadership for quality transport in a reconciled society”.
– Study visit of political science students from the Alassane Ouattara University of Bouaké: training in the culture of peace and visit of the FHB Foundation
– Itinerant Doctoral School (Research Institute on the Contemporary Maghreb in partnership with the University Félix Houphouët-Boigny and the FHB Foundation)
– Training seminar for the members of the Peace Clubs of the universities and colleges of Côte d’Ivoire, on the theme: “Equipping oneself to speak well about the culture of peace in the university environment”.
– From August 16 to 22, 2022: 4th edition of the Intercultural Youth Forum for the Future (FIIJA), on the theme: “Undertaking Peace: Capacity Building of Young Promoters of Peace in Peace Management and Project Financing”, for 200 young promoters of peace from different African countries.
– Awareness campaign on non-violence, forgiveness and social cohesion in the department of Bloléquin
– September 21, 2022: International Day of Peace
– Symposium on the theme: “Twenty years after the war in Côte d’Ivoire: thinking about the crisis in times of peace”, organized by the Groupe de Recherche des Stratégistes de Côte d’Ivoire (GRESCI) and the Université Félix Houphouët-Boigny in collaboration with the Fondation Félix Houphouët-Boigny and the Strategic Research Institute of the Ecole Militaire (IRSEM)
– From October 15 to 17, 2022: International Symposium on the theme: “Africa in international relations” in homage to Professor Kouassi Yao co-organized by the history departments of the University Félix Houphouët-Boigny, the University Alassane Ouattara and the FHB Foundation
– October 18 and 19, 2022: Celebration of the Anniversary of the Birth of Félix Houphouët-Boigny with the awarding of the Félix Houphouët-Boigny 2022 Research Prize (4th edition) and the dedication of books published by the FHB Foundation
– From October 18 to 21, 2022: International Symposium on African Integration co-organized by the University Institute of Yamoussoukro, the Association of Philosophy Professors and the FHB Foundation
– November 11 and 12, 2022: Africa Foundations Awards: Awards ceremony for the winners of the second edition, sponsored by the FHB Foundation.
– November 15, 2022: National Day of Peace
– November 25 and 26, 2022: International Seminar on the theme: “the children of immigrants” co-organized by the FHB Foundation.
– 3rd edition of the Festival of Street Arts of Assinie (FARA) on the theme: “Citizen Commitment” with artists from different countries
– December 7, 2022: Celebration of the Anniversary of the Death of Félix Houphouët-Boigny with a mass of thanksgiving at the Basilica of Our Lady of Peace in Yamoussoukro
Twenty-eight years ago, President Félix Houphouët-Boigny left us. But for those who believe in the forces of the spirit, he is still with us. He is alive in our hearts, in our beloved country by the strong values he defended, by the generous ideas he sowed throughout his life, by the multiple actions that were inspired by them and that allowed remarkable progress in all fields.
Starting from almost zero, without oil, gold or diamonds, and other mines in abundance, here is the legacy that Houphouët left us.
- two autonomous ports,
- one international airport plus five national airfields,
- the first national airline in the sub-region,
- two bridges in Abidjan, having himself participated in the construction of the first one just before independence and many others in the interior,
- three university hospitals in Abidjan (expansion of the first one) + numerous regional hospitals,
hundreds of water towers,
- four hydroelectric dams.
- the first sub-regional electricity production and distribution company,
- the only country in Black Africa with all major cities connected by asphalt,
- the first highway in black Africa (apart from South Africa),
- the first oil refinery in Black Africa (apart from South Africa),
- the first bitumen manufacturing company in Black Africa (apart from South Africa),
- the first domestic butane distribution company directly connected to homes via an inter-city pipeline network,
the largest oil palm plantation in the world,
- the largest privately owned cocoa and coffee plantation, which he bequeathed in part to the state during his lifetime,
- the largest sugar complex in Africa,
- social housing in all cities through the first two state-owned companies in Africa dedicated to such a program,
a decentralized public university system,
- a modern political capital, a center for advanced university education,
- millions of national and sub-regional executives trained in Côte d’Ivoire and abroad thanks to an efficient scholarship system
- a peaceful and intelligent sub-regional community integration,
- a business district structured on the American model,
- a master plan for the economic capital programmed to be developed over 50 years, including 3 additional bridges,
- a strategic reserve of animal proteins, cattle and sheep, containing more than 100,000 heads to face a possible shortage or political crisis with the border countries,
- and for the anecdote, a palace with the first ice rink in Africa, before South Africa…
Almost everything had to be built. Not all the objectives were achieved. But he still made us before his death :
- the second largest economy in ECOWAS and the first by far, had it not been for Nigeria’s oil,
- the third largest African producer of yams,
- the second largest African exporter of bananas,
- the fourth largest exporter of pineapples in the world and the largest in Africa,
- the world’s largest exporter of cocoa,
- the first African exporter of coffee and the fourth worldwide,
- the first African exporter of copra and fifth worldwide,
- the first exporter of kola nuts in the world,
- Africa’s largest cotton gin,
- the world’s largest rubber tree yield,
- the first African exporter of tuna and second in the world,
- Africa’s leading producer and exporter of tropical flowers and plants,
- the first African exporter of bitumen.
And above all, when it dies:
- a United, Peaceful and Respected country,
- the ONLY one in the sub-region, along with Senegal and to a lesser extent Guinea, that has not experienced a coup d’état.