The Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation for Peace Research (FHB Foundation) organized on November 30, 2018 at the FNAC in Marcory (Abidjan) a dedication ceremony of works published this year in honor of President Félix Houphouët-Boigny. This event is part of the commemorative activities of the 25th anniversary of the disappearance of the “Father of the Ivorian Nation” throughout the year 2018. Many guests were present at this ceremony to celebrate “The Sage of Africa” by the book, with the first rank Ivorian academics.
Taking the floor, Pr. Jean-Noël LOUCOU, Secretary General of the FHB Foundation, congratulated all the authors present at this ceremony, namely: Mrs. Sophie KONE BOATENG, Mr.
Jérôme Kouakou YA, researcher at the FHB Foundation and Dr. René-Pierre ANOUMA, Director of International Cooperation at the FHB Foundation. Each of the authors presented his work.
Indeed, the six books that have been proposed to the public are:
- the reissue of the six volumes of “Speeches and Messages by Félix Houphouët-Boigny”, signed in October 2016, in the presence of the President of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, S.E.M.
- a children’s book entitled “Félix Houphouët-Boigny, the first President of Côte d’Ivoire”, written by the Beninese writer Moudjibath DAOUDA KOUDJO and published by Editions Cauris books and Ivorian Classics.
- a comic strip created by the Ivorian writer Sophie Koné Boateng and entitled “Félix Houphouët-Boigny”.
- a book by Ya Jérome Kouakou entitled “Public tributes to Félix Houphouët-Boigny”.
- a history book by Dr. René-Pierre Anouma on Ivory Coast entitled: “Côte d’Ivoire, birth and becoming of a nation”.
- a book by Michel Camdessus, former director general of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), which includes the texts of the three conferences he delivered during his stay in Côte d’Ivoire in May-June 2018 and entitled: “Free About Côte d’Ivoire”.
All these books, apart from the children’s book, were published by the editions of the Houphouët-Boigny Foundation (Editions FHB). To date, there are 95 books on Félix Houphouët-Boigny. The FHB Foundation plans to cross the milestone of one hundred books in 2019, including the publication of the works of the laureates of the first edition of the Houphouët-Boigny Prize for Research and the proceedings of the international symposium on the work of peace of Félix Houphouët-Boigny .
Pr Loucou announced the creation of an award that will reward the best book published in the World on Felix Houphouet-Boigny. According to him, this challenge is launched hoping to see thousands of books on “the Apostle of peace”, like Napoleon and General de Gaulle.